We respect your privacy and it’s important to us
- 5ways Group is bound by the Privacy Act.
- Please note that if at any time 5ways Group is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, 5ways Group must cooperate fully.
- acts or practices of 5ways Group that are directly related to employee records of current or former employees; and
- Set out any other exemptions under the Privacy Act that apply to the personal information the Organisation holds or to any of its acts or practices.
What Sort Of Information Does 5ways Group Collect And Hold?
5ways Group collects information about you (the “Information”) in several different ways:
- 5ways Group collects information when you engage the organisation so that 5ways Group may provide you with business advisory, tax or accounting services;
- 5ways Group collects information from the Australian Taxation Office and other government agencies so that 5ways Group may provide you with business advisory, tax or accounting services;
What Happens If You Do Not Provide The Information?
Should our clients not provide all relevant information, we cannot ensure the completeness of the financial data we are using. This may reduce the efficiency or effectiveness of our advice.
Why and How Does 5ways Group Collect The Information And How Is It Used By 5ways Group?
- 5ways Group collects the Information to provide you with a specific service. For example, we may use the Information you provide us to complete your annual/quarterly taxation compliance or to advise you on your business.
- 5ways Group also uses the Information to send you information (either by e-mail or post) that you request. If at any time you receive material that you did not request or do not want to receive such material any more, see Correcting and Updating Your Profile below.
To Whom Does 5ways Group Disclose Your Personal Information?
- 5ways Group will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you unless you consent.
- 5ways Group, at times, does need to disclose certain information to the ATO or other government agencies. We only do this to assist clients with their compliance.
- 5ways Group does not engage overseas labour.
- 5ways Group does not engage subcontract labour.
- 5ways Group may develop aggregate (ie. not individual) reports which incorporate some of the Information. The reports are for use by our business partners. However, these reports do not include any personally identifiable information.
How Will 5ways Group Keep Your Personal Information Secure?
5ways Group has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the Information under its control.
These security measures are:
- Online data is only stored with providers that we are confident in their reputation
- Passwords are routinely updated and only limited data is kept on our devices.
- Offline backup of data is also maintained.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
5ways Group gives you the following options for accessing and modifying Information previously provided:
- You may gain access to Information that 5ways Group has collected about you, by contacting the person named below. We will not charge you for responding to such a request, unless we incur costs in providing the information.
- Any client can change/update personal information online. Changes notified to us online (email, etc) will be completed by our staff.
You may make a complaint about 5ways Group’s handling of your personal information, or in relation to your dealings with us about your personal information, by contacting the person named below.
5ways Group handles any complaints received by initially trying to resolve it at the highest level of management. If the clients believes the matter isn’t sufficiently resolved it can be referred to a dispute resolution service that we are members of.
How to Contact Us
Paul Meissner, FCA
PO Box 322, Yarraville, VIC 3013
1300 059 292